Clock Conservation work on small silver-cased carriage clock
Cleaning of small silver-cased carriage clock
Clock conservation work carried out
- Completely dismantled and inspected
- Burnished all pivots
- Removed excessive soft solder from barrel teeth
- Shaped the previously replaced tooth and straightened surrounding slightly bent teeth
- Bushed: - going train, barrel back plate.
- Cleaned the movement.
- Dismantled and inspected platform escapement, found no end shake on the balance staff,
and some of the jewels had been replaced, dressed out wear pit on bottom balance jewel to provide adequate end shake.
- Assembled, lubricating with appropriate lubricants
Showing top of clock
Hall mark London 1911
Detail of top of clock
Cleaned platform ready for assembling
Movement ready for cleaning